COVID-19 has changed all of our routines and schedules. To ensure safety and the health of our students and staff, our classes will be going online. Please stay tuned for more details. Applications in English and Spanish are out now!
We are aiming to begin virtual lessons in November. More information will be out soon.
YMA meets every Saturday (excluding national and school year) holidays. The lessons are held in our donated rehearsal space at the First Reformed United Church of Christ at 513 W Front Street, Burlington, NC. A hot, healthy lunch is served to students during a break in lessons.
After School lessons are held throughout the school year at Broadview Middle School, located at 2229 Broadview Dr, Burlington, NC 27217. These lessons are held Mondays and Wednesdays (excluding national and school holidays and teacher workdays). A healthy snack is served to students prior to lessons beginning each day.
Lessons are taught by qualified music instructors, many of whom are teachers in the Alamance Burlington School System.
Advantages of Music Education for Children
1. Musical training helps develop language and reasoning
2. A mastery of memorization
3. Students learn to improve their work
4. Increased coordination
5. A sense of achievement
6. Kids stay engaged in school
7. Success in society
8. Emotional development
9. Students learn pattern recognition
10. Better SAT scores
11. Fine-tuned auditory skills
12. Music builds imagination and intellectual curiosity
13. Music can be relaxing
14. Musical instruments can teach discipline
15. Preparation for the creative economy
16. Development in creative thinking
17. Music can develop spatial intelligence
18. Kids can learn teamwork
19. Responsible risk-taking
20. Better self-confidence